Friday, May 8, 2009

The Garden


We tilled the garden on Wednesday. I say we because it took two of us to do the job. As you can see my garden isn't very big. A few years ago we had to "rabbit proof" the area because the critters kept eating off the plants, especially the flowers I had planted to add some color and variety. Anyway, it is not an easy task to get a tiller into the small space. We set up a ramp on both sides of the wall, gathered all manner of tools and that may or may not be needed, and then Curt did the heavy part.


The soil was soooo wet it will need days to dry out before any planting can take place. That's okay as I don't have any plants to put in it, yet. Rain is forecasted for the weekend. Thanks Bob & Liz for the loan of the tiller.

I have been to several greenhouses in the area. But my purchases have consisted of perennials and some unique geraniums. Pictures and details later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!