Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Birthday Party


Mom brought a photo album of pictures from my "early" years when she came to visit. This is a photo from my 5th birthday party held at great uncle Sid and great aunt Mina's house in old town Pollock. I did not remember most of the names, but once I had the names, I could match it with the little girl more than half the time. I moved from Pollock the next year so had very little to do with most of the guests after that beautiful May afternoon.

How different a little girl's birthday party is today! We're all wearing dresses and our dress shoes with anklets. We played "Drop the Hankie". We also played with our dolls. The lawn had several doll high chairs, rocking chairs, doll beds and cradles scattered about that afternoon. My gifts? Lots of panties! I'm sure I was disappointed. But a new two-wheel bike was waiting for me at home.

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture, and memory! Which little girl is you, Mom E?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!