Thursday, September 16, 2010

Willa and the 'Just Because' Dress

When Willa got home from the hospital, I finally went shopping for little girl clothes. I had decided I would be very practical. I had secretly been laughing at my friends who shared all they bought when they went grandchild shopping. Not me, I said to myself, four months ago. I bought three things the first shopping trip: something practical for right then, something cute for a month or two ahead, and something 'just because'. Willa has long out grown the somethings practical and cute, but she is able to now wear the 'just because'.

This is Willa's reaction to grandma's purchase:


As long as she was able to chew on her bib, she was okay, but then...


the bib was pulled down so we could see her face and get a picture of her...


in Grandma's 'just because' dress...



which is stiff and slippery and poofy. You can see the mouth forming...


and the lip trembling. The dress wasn't removed right away, so Willa decided to take matters in her own hands. She threw up all over the dress. It was removed and Willa went to church in her comfortable, white, cotton onsie. So much for Grandma's 'just because' little girl dress!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!