Monday, September 12, 2011

Camera Challenge

Recently Curt helped my brother with a shingling project on the farm.




The 'boss' supervising the project. That looks like my dad! When did that happen?




While the guys were working, I was playing with my camera. I have had it for almost 3 years, and although I love it, I have not played with all the features. Usually, when a photo opportunity arises, I don't want to try and figure which setting I should use; I want a good photo NOW.

Here are some before & after photos with no iphoto touch up.


The barn with the normal/automatic setting. I am looking from one end to the other, with a closer shot than the photo below. Sometimes I want this dark shot looking out to the light...


but sometimes, I would like more light. I played with a setting and found I can control the light!


Here is another example:


The abandoned tricycle caught my eye. It was on the western side of the barn door, so the natural light is behind me. On the first shot, I have turned and am looking to the west, but there are lots of shadows I would be working with to get the photo to the right adjustment.



On the second shot, the natural light is behind me. Again, too many shadows to touch up.


After I found the light adjustment, I went back to the barn and took these photos.


too much light

about right, but maybe another or different angle...


I like the contrast of the red & green colors


I am facing east; the natural light is behind me, and I guess I have also worked with the zoom. I was excited to play with this feature. Now I just need to get out and play some more so I remember how and what when I want to REALLY use it the next time.


Forgive me Mr. W for not using all the correct terms. I don't claim to be a professional. I just like taking photos of things that catch my eye. However, there are things I do remember from the class. 

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!