Friday, October 16, 2015

The End of Summer

The maple leaves have turned a golden color and are rapidly falling from the three trees in the front yard. The gale force wind of the weekend and the less forceful, but still assertive westerly winds of the past few days, have begun to strip the trees. There is a hard freeze warning posted for tonight, so I am thinking this will be the end of the beautiful colors in the flowerbed.

 I posted very few photos of my flowers this year. It seemed like every time I would think of it, there were more weeds than flowers. I finally got the weeds under control. We have had no moisture to speak of since early August, so it is surprising to me that the flowers look as good as they have. When we got home from Omaha earlier this month, the colors were at their peak. This photo is from that time. Earlier this week, I cut some and brought them inside. We have enjoyed the added color on the kitchen table at each meal.



Now it is time to think about planting bulbs for next spring. Come on, rain!

1 comment:

  1. HI Coleen.....this is the first I have been to your blog in a long time. I rarely use my computer anymore....depend on my IPAD. Will go through your stories this evening! Miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!