Saturday, November 5, 2016

They're Back

I put two hummingbird feeders out on Monday. No one visited. We were gone most of Tuesday, but as we sat on the deck later that afternoon, one hummer stopped by to check it out. I spent more time on the deck on Wednesday, enjoying their visits. I thought it might be too hot for the visitors, that they may still be at the higher elevations or farther north. I guess not...


this is the most frequent visitor


he is noisy, talking the entire time


iPhone photos




he chases other hummers away 
if he is in the area when they come to feed
how he knows they are there, I do not understand
he was still skittish on Wednesday
but in a couple of weeks we will be able to walk
near him and he will not fly away
cheap entertainment


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!