Friday, February 24, 2017

Celebrating Valentine's Day

We got home from Yuma Sunday afternoon and drove to the Phoenix airport later to get OFD who arrived from Minneapolis for a 3 day R&R. That was perfect as I felt that is what we needed also. We ate out, played many games of Phase 10, slept late and enjoyed lunch each day on the deck.

We went to San Tan Flat for dinner on Valentine's Day with OFD and friends, Jerry & Linda.



We got home in time to see and document the colorful sunset.








I decided to buy some flowers this year. I haven't purchased any the last two years. I found some poppies as I do so enjoy the wild Mexican poppies that have started to appear. I bought a white, a yellow and an orange one and put them in the same pot. They are slow to bloom.

lots of buds


one flower this week
FINALLY!

I was hoping all the rain of last weekend would do the trick. Now we need some sunshine and warmer temps. More rain in the forecast for this coming weekend, and cooler again early next week. I'm not having much luck with the flowers or the hummingbirds this season. Oh, well. Your were probably tired of the hummingbird pictures. You just might see more of the poppies, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!