Sunday, February 23, 2020

African Daisies in Arizona

A year ago while geocaching, we happened upon a yard FULL of yellow and orange daisies. It was near the end of their peak bloom. see the photos here Cache In Trash Out

So this year when I saw a post in a Facebook group, I knew I had to go back and see it for myself, it its early stages of the blooming season. I have made two trips to the farmer's yard and through the comments of others I have learned more about this amazing site on the border of Apache Junction and Mesa.


African Daisies, not desert marigolds


growing around the farmer's old and current machinery


the farmer planted the yard 3 years ago


he harvests the seeds and has replanted the last two years
he also sells the seeds

horses in the yard next door


In another part of The Valley...

the bushes are beginning to bloom


a sure sign of spring!


Garmin 
an unsuccessful geocaching stop



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!