Friday, October 27, 2023

Flying Home ~ Iceland vs. Greenland

 I rarely get the window seat on a plane, but because it was a daytime flight and Hubby knew the woman on the other side of him, I took the window seat. 

a last look at the snow covered mountains from the hotel in Reykjavik


one of the sculptures at the airport
They were installing heating pipes to melt the snow and ice under the sidewalk area at the airport. I read somewhere where the sidewalks in the city center in Reykjavik have heating to keep them free of winter hazards.


I got one more Icelandic hotdog at the airport from the same vendor as the one in Reykjavik. So good.


popcorn clouds as we left Iceland


ice flows or bergie bits (Alaskan term)


southern coast of Greenland
mountainous islands and bergie bits


more Greenland landscape


snow covered mountains
no green land in this part of Greenland!


I happened to look out and saw these tracks from 30,000 some feet above. I cannot imagine what made the tracks as there was nothing at the beginning of the tracks and they just ended????? Puzzling.


northern Quebec 


more Quebec



almost home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!