Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Week One in South Dakota

 Hubby and I flew home for most of the month of December. We wanted to see the grandkids in their school programs, have Christmas with family, and if the weather cooperated, travel to see friends and family.

Saturday sunrise in AZ over the Superstition Mountains


Monday morning frosty trees
No SNOW!


Tuesday morning the perennial flower bed
We have been notified the city will be maintaining the wash behind our triplex. This is my perennial flower bed...on the city's right-of-way, which I knew when I created the flower bed. The neighbor graciously removed the planter/bird feeder hook and my decorative wheel before we arrived. But after a discussion with some men who were simply delivering a message and not the guys making a decision, 


Hubby and I removed the rocks that I have collected from our various adventures while geocaching or traveling. In that mix are the two rocks I brought back from a 2000 trip to Italy and Greece! There is also a brick from the school where Hubby taught and was principal. We also removed all the landscaping blocks I had placed three years ago. I dug out 2 plants as I was told Tuesday morning our area would be plowed and planted with grass. It wasn't. So maybe I'll be able to keep my flower bed????


M's Band Program Tuesday evening


the 6th grade band


he's a percussionist


Miss W is a flutist


she noticed I was taking photos, which she really appreciated
she is an 8th grader!


Hubby insisted on lighted yard decor


my hardly ever used ice skates on the sled we used a lot
on the farm sledding on the pasture hills


our house for Christmas - Tuesday and Wednesday's project


front door decor


Thursday and Friday we traveled to see my 94 year old mother


The grands came over for the weekend. Saturday's project was decorating the Christmas tree and making Christmas goodies. All the decorations have been collected on our travels or given to us by students in our working years.


Icy Point AK 2023


Mount Rushmore SD 


Rothenburg Germany 2017


Hawaii 2022


Iceland 2023


my kitchen helpers mixing cookie truffles


dipping pretzels


making white chocolate & peppermint pretzel bites


sunset in the neighborhood and the end of week 1

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!