Friday, February 19, 2010

Downtown Phoenix


A couple of weeks ago I won two tickets to a play in downtown Phoenix. I asked a friend if she would like to go because I didn't think it was Curt's kind of thing. (Good choice.) The play [Title of Show] was my reward for attending exercise class 4 days a week.

I did my research and planning. It was a 45 minute trip through rush hour traffic. It was easy to find the Herberger Theater. We had dinner at My Big Fat Greek restaurant. Good Greek food; reminded me of my trip to Athens in 2000.


These cool sculptures were in front of the theater.

A basilica was across the street. Oh, yes, the musical. I enjoyed it. I'm glad Nancy was my date for the evening as I enjoyed our visiting as much as or more than the play. The props for the play were 4 chairs. There were four actors/singers and a keyboard player. Beautiful voices. Interesting concept for a Broadway show...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!