Friday, October 7, 2011

The Gourds

We are beginning to pack for our trip south. With all the summer house projects, boxes and objects got moved from room to room, some of them displaced for a couple of months. So it was last week I found the box of gourds with the projects I had started (some completed) last winter in AZ. I brought some of them home thinking I would finish them.

My friend Joan did not forget the gourd project. She asked if I had completed what she thought was the pepper project. Thanks to her, I did put it on the list of things to do before we leave.

You remember the gourds?


Just washed & ready for paint


Painted, varnished and sealed



Curt drilled the holes. I found the twine I had bought with this project in mind. Thanks, Bernie. Drilling the holes was easy.


After a couple of false starts...


I found a tying procedure I thought might work.


TA DA!
My gourd peppers for my winter home. Not exactly sure where they will go. You might have to check back in November to see where they found a new home.


Of course as I was working, I thought of another idea. I might work on that before we go...


1 comment:

  1. WOW.............I said out loud when I saw the finished project. Good job Coleen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!