Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Crafts

Card making class on Saturday morning was an inspiration for some hand-made Christmas cards. After class I made a quick, well, not too quick, trip to Michaels and Hobby Lobby to use the coupons and look for funky paper for my projects. I borrowed some punches and spent the afternoon and evening punching and playing. A perfect Saturday afternoon on a chilly, rainy day.


This was a cute, easy card: snowflake embossed background,
die cut large snowflake, attached with candy cane string,
and a pop dot tag.


This card took the longest to assemble as the owl was
a die cut, using different colored paper for assembling.
The snow drifts were torn, the tree branch stamped, and the 
owl assembled.


 This is the card that was the inspiration for my afternoon 
project. Two different sized circle punches, add the ornament top,
draw a straight line, and add a bow. We had lots of fun paper
from which to choose for the ornaments.


 I like decorating the inside of my cards. This card was made on a
 shimmery card stock. Harder to afix the stamp.


 I knew this was the card I wanted to make to share with
resort friends. I happened to have a supply of long envelopes
from photo Christmas cards in past years. I cut the cardstock to
fit the envelopes, giving me a slim card, about 4"x8".


I made half the cards with a green theme and half with a red theme,


and decorated the inside.
I have given away all twelve I had made. Need to make
a few more in the next couple of days, as well as some more 
sympathy cards and some thinking of you and birthday cards.


"Make hay while the sun is shining" translates to 
"Make cards while the spirit moves me and creative juices are flowing."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!