Monday, May 5, 2014

A Day of Sunshine

It has been a number of days, and I do mean a number of days, since there has been a day of sunshine in northeast SD. It is one of the things I miss most after leaving AZ in mid-April after 5 months. Today, Monday, did not promise to be a day of sunshine. I think the forecast was for another cloudy day...AGAIN!

We decided to head north and do some geocaching. If the sun isn't going to shine, we might as well do something we both enjoy. We headed back to Sica Hollow, a state park, to continue collecting the 30 some caches we did not get on our last trip. About 10:00 I realized there was a whole lot more light in the trees and along the trail. I was also wishing I could shed the hooded sweatshirt. 

Making the day even more fantastic was seeing a hawk fly along the trail, a deer dashing from the hill to the creek and the flowers. (No snake sightings today.) The animals moved too fast, but the flowers stayed put and allowed photos.


I think this is bloodroot.


The first flowers were closed like this one,
but as the day warmed, they opened.


And a dandelion


Some leftover sumac


We ended the day in the horse camp ground.


No leaves on the trees, yet.


One of the corrals


Awwww...spring flowers


I saw these red shells on our last visit.


They looked like a nut shell, but some digging with a stick...
they are mushrooms!


It was a wonderful day.
Sunshine
Being outdoors enjoying His beauty
AND
Successful cache hunting



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!