Friday, March 27, 2015

3.14.15

3.14.15 or Saturday, March 14, 2015 was a special day in the geocaching and math world. 3.141592653... is the numerical value of PI. We celebrated by attending not one, not two, but three PI Day events and collecting some puzzle geocaches.



I saw this T-shirt on a Facebook ad and ordered it. As soon as I clicked the final button, I knew I had goofed as it was advertised as women's cut (which I wanted for the neckline) but meant for the body shape. The largest size probably would not fit...but the T-shirt was so dang cute! I was right. I could fit the T-shirt over my bosom, but I looked very gross. I offered to sell the T-shirt to Marlene, a fellow geocacher who gladly and proudly wore the shirt all day. She was a HIT at the first event of the day. many people asked to have a picture of her or with her.


geocachers registering for the event


socializing until the raffle
pie was one of the door prizes
none of the three of us won


the registration line


the two photographers taking a group photo


can you find me?
I am taking a photo of the photographers


Geocachers attending this PI Day event


We drove several miles to have breakfast at the second PI Day event. We visited with some more geocachers before getting back in Lil' Red and heading south to Coolidge and Casa Grande to do some serious geocaching. 


and attending our third PI Day event
blueberry, peach & cherry pie in Casa Grande


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!