Thursday, September 6, 2018

Moving Along

Right now we stop by the new house about once a week to check on the progress. There was supposed to be a blog update last week but my computer developed "sticky keys." No, I did not spill anything on the keyboard! (But, I often snack, nibble, eat while on the computer.) So while it is at the doctor, I realized I just might be able to do a blog update using my iPad and the photos from my phone.  I spent over an hour fiddling with things. The iPad could not find the photos. I have resorted to using Hubby's laptop and thankfully, all is working. The photos are not the best, because they are from my phone.

It has been exciting to see the progress on the house. I am pleased with the choices I (we) made in our hour or so of allotted time that Friday in July. It is fun to think about furniture placement, especially in the bedrooms as that is the furniture that came with us from our old house. Soon, I need to begin looking for the living room and dining room furniture. Another exciting project!

The pictures from the last blog post were taken on Tuesday of last week. I stopped on Friday before Labor Day and the house had been painted, the light fixtures hung, the switch plates in place, linoleum flooring laid, but not glued.

So here is what we saw when we stopped by this afternoon (Thursday).


the kitchen


rooms off the front of the house
pantry door closed, laundry room door open


master bathroom


basement railing installed


deck has always been there


dining room light fixture


guest bedroom closet

All the cabinets are installed. All of the doors and windows  have been framed. All the doors have been hung. The baseboards are in place. We are waiting for carpet, sinks, and toilets. Five weeks to closing!

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments!