Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Rain

Rain. But not the wet stuff that falls from the skies. This Rain was a concert of Beatles music by a group of 4 men singing the music of the Beatles, with a bit of history, and all the costumes. I saw Rain - A Tribute to the Beatles earlier in July. I am finding it very convenient to live in this larger community and enjoy musical productions Hubby does not care to attend. (Thus he will attend sporting events I don't care to attend, or so he says.)


The performance was originally scheduled while we were in AZ, but a winter snowstorm postponed their appearance until July. Lucky for me.

a full house









The audience was mostly of my generation...some older, some younger.

some solos, some costume changes



Certainly brought back memories. I remember seeing the Beatles first U.S. appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. I watched that Sunday night February 9, 1964.


I also remember seeing a similar performance in Las Vegas some years ago. I liked the first half of the show, but didn't care for the second half.


This performance was a ditto. I do not and I suppose did not care for the Beatles music during their Sgt. Pepper period...


...or their Abbey Road phase.


4 very talented gentlemen, especially the one at the piano
3 or 4 different guitars and the piano


a great performance and crowd pleaser



AND I finally got to see Jersey Boys. Another great nostalgic evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!