Saturday, December 7, 2019

Will I See Them Again?

Monday morning Hubby, Terry and I went back to complete the geocaching series we started on Sunday. This time I was prepared. I brought my good camera, just in case we might see the wild horses again.

But first we drove west hoping to be first to find on a geocache that had been published that morning. Hubby spent about an hour working the puzzle. Then the three of us took off in Terry's truck. Tension mounted. Would we be the first to arrive and find and sign the newly published geocache?

do you see it?


a bug was attached to the lid
Woo Hoo! A FTF to start the day's adventure!


Then we headed north to complete the series we had started on Sunday.

can you figure out where the cache might be?


Hi Ho, Hi Ho. It's off to work we go...


along the way, I noticed the remainder of
a saguaro skin/bark on a fallen giant


sad to see these guys toppled


no sunshine or bright blue skies on Monday


a police car glued to the cache container


evidence of the horses, but no sightings on Monday


I did scare up a small flock of birds
this one chose not to fly away


never get tired of seeing all the mountain ridge lines 
in the distance
there are 5 in this photo


remember the Target Shooting is Prohibited sign of
yesterday?


Jojoba nuts on a female jojoba bush (in the wild)
I use the oil as a facial moisturizer
I had no idea the bushes were grown commercially
for the oil, or that there were male and female 
jojoba plants


brittle bush flowers
either an early bloomer or a really late bloomer
we usually don't see them until February


Once the 3 of us complete the geocache series on the day's agenda, we found just a few more in the area that needed our signature. Terry and I climbed a hill (felt like a mountain after the trail we had just walked) to get a geocache Hubby had found in 2013. I took this photo of the parking lot from the cache's location.


two tents were set up at the entrance of this section of
Tonto Wilderness area


and a camper


remnants of another blooming bush


this school bus was in the parking lot on Sunday also
today, there were sheets of pressed wood, 2x4s, and 
electric saws around and in the rear of the bus, 
along with blaring music


Terry and I walked to another cache Hubby had
found and signed in 2013
2 coconuts and a wicker laundry basket
I have no idea why
not along a trail, not near the parking lot or highway


the final cache of the day
if they didn't find it, I would  have climbed out and helped




1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!