Saturday, October 8, 2022

Fall at Home

 By the time this post goes live we will more than likely have a hard frost so it no longer looks like it did when I took the photos. 


The pumpkin and gourd display from our finds at the pumpkin patch last week.


The outside Halloween/Fall decor. Nothing is up or out inside the house.


When we got home last week I noticed a few leaves turning color on our tree in the back yard. Of course I did not grab the camera in the morning light, or later in the week. Nope, I waited for a dreary day and the tree in full color mode.


I felt like last year the leaves lacked the bright colors we were told we would see on the tree. That is not the case this year. 


I looked at my photos from last year and the leaves ARE as colorful as this year. The tree was a good purchase.


The annuals in the butterfly garden behind the perennial bed have been so colorful and prolific this year.


The annuals from the other direction. Perennial bed is on the right.


My neighbor Susan and I are 'nursing' and growing wild roses between our two flower and garden plots. Wild (white) yarrow is the weedy grouping on the right. I try to keep on top of the grasses, but they get away from me after awhile. The yarrow is pretty when it is blooming. It looks similar to Queen Annes Lace.


I did not know the wild roses have a berry at the end of the season.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!