Saturday, October 29, 2022

A Walk Downtown

 I joined some friends for a walk along Phillips Avenue Tuesday to view some of the 80 sculptures placed for viewing and purchasing this year.


The Model


I think this was my favorite. From the backside it looked like three Cacti plants in a container.


But when we saw the front side, it was people, wrapped in a hand.   
Song of Protectedness


Junkyard Chameleon


Populous Deltoides
my second favorite as it tingled in the breeze
like a gentle wind chime


Rude Awakening


Abundance
I liked the story behind this colorful piece. Mark Hall of Kasota MN trained with master glass craftsman, Warren Olson, who was schooled in the German tradition. Olson hired Hall to fabricate and install ecclesiastical stained glass windows throughout the country. 


Ancient Protocol
colorful bugs mating


Bravo
crafted of spoons, forks and knives


Ancient Dream Catcher
also crafted by Mark Hall


Day's Catch


Selene


The walk ended at Blarney's Pub. I enjoyed Shephard's Pie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!