Monday, March 13, 2023

Another Bucket List Item ~ Part 2

 The birds.




Parakeet Perch
Our cup of food contained a stick with bird seed glued on the end. We were to put the stick through the wire wall and the parakeets would fly to the perch to nibble on the stick of bird seed.





when they were done eating they turned their back to me


another colored parakeet


Pekin Ducks


we chose not to feed them
There was also a pen of chickens where young and old could enter and interact with them. We did not visit that pen either, as we were running out of time.


Our second food cup contained a small plastic covered container of nectar for the Rainbow Lorikeets.


I was told to leave the cover on the container as the birds would take it off. I was so busy getting my camera ready to take a photo, I missed them removing the lid.


OK. Now I'm ready!


two birds were on my left hand drinking away
the one on my right shoulder kept squawking in my ear
the one on my left arm just stayed put


there was no shoving or changing positions for these two
they just stayed put and emptied the cup


it was a neat bird experience, right up there with the macaws 
in Costa Rica





sign in the gift shop
I couldn't resist!

It's all fun until someone gets pooped on
(Then it's just plain funny!)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!