Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Continuing Face Lift

We were home one week when Curt said, "Let's find out when we can get on the schedule of our favorite contractor and continue the house updating with the two bedrooms." I called, and Larry said, "I will be there April 30th. I can squeeze you in between jobs."

Our response, YIKES! We have a lot to do in one week.

Larry will texture the walls & ceiling. Paint the walls and ceiling of the two bedrooms.

We will remove the wall paper, prep the walls, and paint the woodwork before Monday, after we removed all the furniture and all the closet collections. We will also remove the carpeting, because the hard wood floors will be refinished as soon as Larry has finished painting. We will also rebuild the closets.

We started with the guest bedroom because I am not ready to move out of my bedroom before I have to because that means a move to the basement until everything is done.

This is what the guest room looked like prior to our work on Monday:

 A queen size bed, 3 large dressers, a night stand, a couple of chairs, my hope chest, plus all the stuff that was stored in the room because we did not know where else to put it.


 We think the room has looked this way since son was maybe 14 years old. He is 30. It was his room until he left home when it was renamed 'the guest room'.


By Monday evening, the room looked like this:

 No furniture


The closet racks & shelving are gone


 I really like the paint job & wall paper border we had put in that room.
It was the 'in' thing at the time.


The carpet was a very durable blue-green piece 
that was glued to the floor.


As of Tuesday evening, the carpet is gone. The wall paper border is off. The baseboards are sanded & taped. The windows are sanded and taped. A bit of the priming is done. Wednesday we will finishing priming and give a first coat to all the woodwork. Curt might also paint the closet. We will begin to dismantle the 'master' bedroom, too. I have more wall paper to strip.

Oh, and when I stopped at the paint store late on Monday afternoon, I learned the 40% off sale ended Monday, April 23rd. I selected my paint colors in 30 minutes and had the colors mixed. No changing my mind. Something new in each room. And a need to do some shopping later this summer...

Face lift saga to continue...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you guys have worked really hard to get the rooms ready. Hmmmmm, wonder what colours you picked out????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!