Sunday, April 29, 2012

Master Bedroom Facelift

I thought I'd better post the before pictures of the Master Bedroom so there is a comparison later. It is Sunday afternoon and there is one more coat of paint to put on the closet trim boards, then I can say, I AM DONE, until the three hired folks are done with their jobs. (Texture & paint; floor refinishing; installer of the crown molding)

This is what our bedroom has looked like since June 1990. I always did house projects like painting and redecorating during the two weeks hubby was at Guard Camp. (It was just easier.) He hasn't been at Guard Camp since the summer of 1990.

My mother hand-embroidered and hand-stitched quilts for her daughter and daughters-in-law many years ago. I chose the white with burgundy/cranberry quilt. Then painted the bedroom to go with the hand quilted bedspread. I painted the top half of the walls a base color and then with a split roller, rolled a darker & a lighter shade of the base color. I was very pleased with the outcome. So pleased, I have not changed it in 22 years????? That doesn't seem possible...

 I changed wall decor over the years, but the half-wall wallpaper and wall color has not changed.




 The wall paper has been stripped. It has been too cold to do any painting in the garage, so we had to move the crown molding pieces inside to get them painted this weekend.


The carpet has been removed. The padding left sticky black marks on the floor, that can be removed and will not be a problem when the floor is refinished. But I found sticky black spots on all the other floors in the house this week. UGH! two weeks...two weeks...two weeks


 The closet will also get a remake. The house does not have another closet large enough to hold two other closets of clothes. To dress for church this morning, I had to go outside to the front garage to grab some dress slacks, find a coordinating shirt in the dresser drawer (also in the garage) to go with the jacket hanging in the office closet.

Not a big deal. Some occasions just need a little more planning when getting dressed! This too shall pass.


So, the second bedroom is also ready for ceiling and wall texturing tomorrow morning. Probably no more pictures until it is all done.



1 comment:

  1. Whoa...this looks like a really big job! Am anxious to see the finished product. Ha, you sound like me when finding clothes, I have winter/summer/spring/fall clothes in bins everywhere! I can't even remember what I have and where??????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!