Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Garden Bounty and the Yard

Not to be outdone by my KS friend who is eating garden tomatoes already, these were picked from our garden this week.

 Haven't used the zucchini yet. We are both so thrilled the plant is still alive. Zucchini is not one of my most successful garden plants, in the past.


Although this cucumber wasn't all that big, it was delicious on our salads for dinner. It will be awhile until we have another, but that is OK. Fun to have the first one before the end of June.

The zucchini plant is healthy and has 3 little squash in the making.


 I took a picture of the garden on June 4 when we got back from out R & R in the Black Hills. 

The little rains and perfect temps the last three weeks have really been perfect for the plants. Little Roma tomatoes are appearing. The pepper plants are blooming.

I added 3 lobelia hanging baskets because butterflies were hanging around the plants at the greenhouses. Only one of the baskets is really looking good. I am a little disappointed in that decorative touch.


 I have been taking photos of the perennial flower bed as each of the colors are at their best. This was also from June 4th. I got back in time to the poppies in full bloom. The bed really needs some serious weeding.


The day lilies are in full bloom this week. But look at those weeds! I really need to spend some serious time cleaning that bed.

I bought a new fountain earlier this month. I love the sound of running water when I am sitting outside. I like my calla lily fountain.

Summer has arrived in eastern SD.



1 comment:

  1. Garden looks great, we are still waiting on ours to produce. Lots of small peppers and tomatoes. Our cucumbers and zuchini are starting to run with lots of buds. The warm weather has not been our friend, however the small amount of rain helped a bit. Looks like you both are enjoying you're time at home. See you in a few months!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!