Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thrift Store Finds

In preparation for Miss Willa's visit last week, I went shopping at the local thrift stores looking for some little girl toys. I don't do thrift store shopping often, but when I do, I find some really good deals.

I found quite a few 0-3 month onesies for Marek and a few other items, but it was mostly things for Miss Willa. I had as much fun shopping as she did playing. I did not take any pictures of her with the items on Sunday as that was the day she played with the babies. The Playschool toys took precedence after that.

 Every little girl needs a dress-up dress. 
She loved wearing it.


I got these three items for less than $3.00
Thank you to the little girl who no longer needed it.


 I bought some smaller receiving blankets, too.
She kept busy covering the babies with blankets.


I also found this little cradle. 
Auntie's 'old' doll fit perfectly.

She wasn't into undressing and redressing the dolls,
 but sure loved playing with all the blankets. 
The babies took LOTS of naps.


 She really enjoys her riding toy G'ma Liz found. I found this one.
We cleaned it up and 


Miss Willa recognized it as a wagon. She wanted to be 
PULLED while sitting on it! 
Maybe next time she will pull her babies?


This doll was the only NEW item I bought.
My granddaughter deserved her own doll at Grandma's house.
She/he is almost the same size as baby brother...18 inches long.
She/he moves the mouth when drinking from the 'magic' bottle and giggles.
Premie baby clothes fit perfectly.
There are some really cute premie baby clothes!
Maybe the next outfit will be boy clothes?
It seems to be unisex in appearance.


And a photo of the grand dog.
He didn't get any new toys, just lots of attention.

 


1 comment:

  1. Great shopping at the Thrift Store, good finds! Sweet that Miss Willa has her own doll for Grandma's home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!