Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Competition

This season Hubby's new hobby has led to some discussion between the two of us on the use of our ONE vehicle while wintering in AZ. Some weeks I had to BEG to have the use of the van for one day. I am not a big shopper, so other than groceries and feeding my need for card stamping supplies, I survived, but acted like I couldn't/didn't. Yep, I whined! My whining inspired hubby to begin looking for used vehicles - something that could be left here in the summer, something that might be more desert friendly, or at least dirt road friendly. I was aware of his online searching, but not conscious of the seriousness of his quest. 

The quest uncovered a jeep in Sioux Falls. He made a few phone calls, getting answers to his questions. His interest piqued. Piqued to the point of a test drive on our trip back to SD last week. He was hooked. He was infatuated. He drove it back to AZ. This is my latest competition...


I refer to it as a SHE.
She is a '92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade.
She has manual transmission, 4WD, new tires and will
soon have new front seats.



She will be the perfect mode of transportation for
geocaching in the desert. 
Correction: She IS perfect for the desert roads.
She arrived late Tuesday afternoon and was out in the 
Superstitions Mts. on Wednesday morning.
He is in love...
I'm not worried, though, SHE doesn't cook!

But she is kinda cute!





1 comment:

  1. SHE is cute, maybe Curt would like to join us when we head out into the desert with our jeep.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!