Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Flora

I have enjoyed watching the changes in the flower beds this spring. I did not remember what I planted last fall. It is exciting to see the transplants and first year plants that survived the winter. The new neighbors to the south have a dog, a big dog. He/she/it has kept the rabbit population to a minimum as my flowers were not chewed this spring. Or so I thought the dog had an influence on the rabbit population. Hubby saw a couple of large cottontails frolicking in the neighbors yard the other afternoon, as if to say, "Ha, ha. You didn't get me!" But so far they, the rabbits, have left the flowers alone.


delicate flower, only about 6 inches high
from son's MIL


I planted these last fall, but don't know what they are
Iris-like leaves, about 8 inches tall


the Lily of the Valley


I am going to trim this plant back this year
it is huge and crowding the columbine


it's cousin in the other flower bed 
it has become gigantic; it needs dividing after just one season


the California Poppy just keeps blooming
good thing because the Oriental Poppy isn't blooming this year




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!