Sunday, July 26, 2015

Some Odds & Ends

I happened to look out the window Thursday night to see some beautiful colors as the sun was setting.







* * * * * * * * * *  

Hubby and I were eating dinner in the kitchen the night before we left on the in-state, nine-day camping trip when we happened to look up in the corner of the gutters and noticed some insects busy at work.


I am not certain how, but the hornets created a very artistic home near the back door. Hubby waited until dark and the proceeded to spray the **** of the nest and them. He knocked the nest down in the morning. They haven't come back.


* * * * * * * * * *

The beginning of the in-state, nine-day adventure took place at a wedding of Hubby's great-nephew and his lovely bride. The after-wedding-ride around town was in a rather unusual mode of transportation.


The great-nephew is a farmer/rancher. He also restores old tractors, a hobby he had in high school. He is also a HUGE John Deere fan. He cleaned up, painted, and brought the old manure spreader and restored tractor half way across the state.





And away they go. Only in small town SD...


* * * * * * * * * *

Remember my dilemma last winter over new chairs for the living room? This is the post: New Chairs? Not! Once we got home this spring, the hunt was on, especially since I seem to be having some back issues this spring, (I think thyroid related.) but new chairs were on the agenda. Locally, I found something I liked. I brought one home. Tried it out for a couple of days and then ordered a second one.






The seat sits higher. The back is comfortable...and they recline. Woo Hoo! I am done chair shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!