Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Spring Flowers #1

Because I am thrilled to be home in time to see some of the first flowers of spring blooming in my flower beds, I grab the camera and get some shots to share with all of you. It's a chance to practice my photography skills. It's a chance to share the beauty of a new season.


I have no idea the name of this flower. I am chagrined to admit this it the first time I have seen a flower. I watched it all last summer waiting for it to 'do something.' I guess it does do something, but you have to be at the right angle and the right time to see the penny-sized white flowers. It had several more potential buds that I will be watching.


One of my favorites, the pasque. We used to look for these in the pastures in the spring when we were kids. We'd pick them and bring them home to put in a glass of water. They never lasted long. We measured spring and almost the end of the school year by the wild pasques we would find. I'm thrilled to have my own plant in my flower bed.


Sunday the daffodils and iris were blooming


I divided my iris plants last fall. They must have liked the room to grow because I have little rounds of miniature iris in both flower beds. They are all doing remarkably well.


On Monday morning, these tulips opened. There are more to come, but there is something about the first tulips of the spring.


dainty, but majestic


As I am writing this post the forecast for Tuesday & Wednesday is 50% chance of rain and snow and temps into the low 30º and high 20º at night for the rest of the week. We'll see how the flowers look next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!