Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Limón, Costa Rica

December 1st found us in Limón. The balcony room was awesome as we got lots of great photos by just opening the patio doors.

tour buses ready for the day's excursions
all of our tour guides were excellent; English speaking
and gave great info about their native country
and what we would be seeing
(hand crafted shopping in the building in front of the red-roofed 
building) town of Limón behind that area


our Costa Rica excursion was a walk in 
the rain forest to see native plants








the MOST UNIQUE flower I will ever see


our excursion group meandering
through the rain forest





a 'lunch' of fresh fruit
delicious when picked right off the tree and vine
watermelon, pineapple, and bananas


Then it was a ride on a canal in the rain forest to see monkeys and sloths and other creatures.

a green lizard


two-toed sloth


blue heron


a monkey showing off for the tour boats


three-toed sloth

This guy was hanging on the fence, probably moving from one tree to another when people/tourists stopped to take its photo. Our bus driver stopped and made certain everyone got a photo (without leaving the bus) before we moved on. I know we were there for at least 5 minutes and the sloth never moved. His arm is out towards a group of people taking his photo.


drove by a banana plantation/farm

I don't usually eat bananas because I taste them for hours after first eating them. BUT that was not the case when I ate one right from the tree. No time for any things to grow while it ripens waiting for shipment. I also tasted yellow and green plantains while in Miami. They were cooked and did not bother my tummy.

When we got back to port we had enough time to geocache (found the two placed for us tourists) and to shop.

Chris stopped here in the late 1490s
this geocache was also placed by the Rapid City geocachers



*Disclaimer: some of these photos in these blog posts are from OFD. She used her iPhone and had some great photos. I charged two batteries for each of the two cameras I took along, and had two used/dead batteries in the Panama Canal. I had to conserve the camera batteries, as I did not take the battery charger. Big Mistake! Besides, she had better animal shots than I did from her side of the boat. Thanks for sharing photos, OFD!

1 comment:

  1. Another great story and photo's! When we lived on Guam I had banana trees in my backyard. One had the most beautiful bloom and I couldn't wait to see it open. Unfortunately my Philippine neighbor cut it off before I got to see it (they cook the blossom as a delicacy). Never been so upset!
    Awaiting your next post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!