Thursday, June 27, 2019

Backyard Visitors

Back in early May I had seen a sturdier shepherd's hook at a local big box store with the option of 4 hooks. Of course, when I was ready to buy it, the store didn't have one. Luckily, we live in a community with 4 of those big box stores and another store had just what I wanted. When I bought it earlier this month, the ground was too hard to actually get the 3 pronged hook into the ground. I made some holes with long nails and poured 2 gallons of water in the holes to get the hook in far enough to keep it somewhat secure. It rained 2 inches this morning and I was able to pound the prongs even further into the ground.

Also this week, while looking for a cooler, I found the birdseed I had moved last summer. The containers were safely stored in one of the 3 coolers we own. (I must have discarded the 2 coolers aged 20 years or more.) I had the 2 bird feeders from the other place, so I was in business.

The hummingbird feeder has been out for more than a week. We have not seen a hummer. I don't think there is enough protection for them. The development is too new and the trees too young.

Late this afternoon I noticed visitors at the bird feeders. YEA! They found it!




we did see finches this weekend
hope they find the feeders


delphinium blooms

Although it doesn't look like it, I also spent some time trimming the grass and weeds around the flower bed. I found a wild rose 'bush' in the weeds and grass in the neighbor's area, so I trimmed around it so they can enjoy the pink flowers. 


The HOA furnished tree in our back yard did not have leaves last summer and did not have any this spring. They came to replace it on Tuesday.




posts and rope to help keep it straight


YEA! a tree with leaves!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!