Monday, July 24, 2023

My Flowers

 And for a break from my road trip, some photos of the flower beds that have been flourishing this summer. Lots of color. Lots of variety.

Last summer I stopped at a Dollar General store and found boxes of annual flower seeds called Bird and Butterfly Wildflower Blend. I think the boxes cost $2 each. What did I have to loose, except $2.00?

Well, I sprinkled one of the boxes along the back of the perennial bed, covered the seeds with potting soil, tramped it down and prayed for rain as we left for Alaska.


My AZ neighbor send some African daisy seeds to me from the farmer who grows a beautiful field of the daisies on the corner of Brown and Meridian in Apache Junction. We left AZ this spring before the flowers were at their finest. March ~ in the Beginning


the box says the flowers are a combination of annuals
and perennials


the little blue flowers are so delicate


from the perennial bed...


the newest Black-eyed Susan plant


I think the orange flowers might be African daisies from AZ

I stopped at the same General Dollar store last week and bought four more boxes of the flowers. The cost? $1.00 each ~ end of summer sale!!! I plan to sprinkle the seeds on the hillside of the swale behind our lot. Whatever grows will be better than the thistles!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!