Monday, December 6, 2010

Gourd Class

On Saturday I had an opportunity to attend a gourd class. Linda & Jerry shared all sorts of important information about cleaning, designing, painting, decorating and preserving gourds. I had purchased several gourds three winters ago and have hauled them back and forth each spring & winter. This winter they will be decorated! I feel I got enough instruction from Linda & Jerry to tackle my projects.

Here is Saturday's project:

 
This is the gourd I chose to decorate for the class.
The glasses are to give you an idea of its size.



Jerry demonstrated the many tools one can use for 'gourding'.



The class was advertised as "making a Christmas
ornament". We could choose to decorate our gourds
however we wished, I stayed with the Christmas theme.

I saw Santa in my gourd.



And there is my finished Santa gourd, now on
display in our little winter home.

I'm ready to tackle those gourds I purchased
two years ago! Look for gourd updates this winter.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!