Friday, December 3, 2010

A Hummingbird

As I was sitting in my recliner the other day, I saw a fluttering by the patio door. A hummingbird had appeared on the deck by the Christmas tree.


I know why it stopped by the tree...the red stockings. I quickly grabbed the camera and headed down the steps to peak around the corner and look at the hummingbird feeder I had put out Monday afternoon. One of the hikers said they had hummingbirds stop by their feeder, so I bought nectar and put mine out.


But when I looked at the feeders, there wasn't any hummingbird. They say it takes a few days for the birds to find a feeder.


No hummingbird, but a sparrow had stopped by for a bit of food.

I am making another change at the feeders this weekend, so maybe there will be more bird visitors. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!