Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lake Pocasse & The Missouri River

Around sunset last week I drove out to the lake to take some photos of Lake Pocasse and the Missouri River.

 I noticed the wild roses growing in the ditch by the lake.

 Roses of yesterday, today & tomorrow...

 I love the smell.

The lake was calm and almost peaceful. This is looking east from the same area as the wild roses.


Then I walked to the river on the west side of the road...
 I enjoy and appreciate good reflection photos.

The water was perfect for reflections, just not much to reflect as there are few trees along the shoreline. So I captured the water grasses which survived the rising waters of the Missouri River.

This photo shows the color of the setting sun, the sparkling in the lower right hand corner, and the young, tallest tree surviving the high water level.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!