Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Deck Decor

Joan: This post is for you.

I did some gourd projects in the spring of 2011 (February & March if you want to look back) with the promise I would complete and display the pepper gourds




Finally, the peppers have made their appearance at the front door of our little casa.

Having the deck addition allowed some re- and new decorating. 


The fountain now stands where the table and two chairs have been. My water fountain reminds me of the mountain in our back yard. I love the sound of the trickling water as I sit out there with my morning cup of tea, the newspaper puzzles or an adult beverage. (Probably not the adult beverage in the morning!)



The musical group, The Rock Ants, again adorn the front steps, welcoming visitors.


The hibiscus abides in the corner where the fountain was last year.


When I stopped at the local grocery store on Friday I noticed a lady had
two of these plants in her shopping car. Peppers...hmmm...I need to check
it out. The Ornamental Peppers are not edible and hot if touched 
while transplanting them to my fun red pot. I was amazed at the color 
varieties for sale: purple and greens along with the colors in the pot
I chose. Interesting, different, and affordable.


 I have a couple of pumpkins on display to get into the Halloween holiday spirit.
The Ornamental Peppers are the small guest table.


I got the hummingbird feeder out on Sunday morning. 
Others in the community have had Anna's hummingbirds at their feeders.
This female ruby-throated stopped by a couple of times while I
was eating lunch on Monday. So glad they found my feeder.




1 comment:

  1. Neat Coleen...........looking at the photos makes me long for Arizona! Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!