Friday, October 5, 2012

Something Old, Something New, Something Blue

Forgive the poetic license, but I am excited today because Miss Willa is coming for a visit. She is bringing her family of course and her sweet baby brother. We get to spend time with all of them before we head south. ANYWAY, I am excited because there is something new for Miss Willa. Actually, it is something quite old and blue. Okay, very old!




When I visited my mother last month, I noticed my blue doll buggy in the basement storeroom. She again said I should take it with me. (She says she has told me more than once to take it to my house. Didn't have a reason to do that until Miss Willa, I suppose.) I cleaned it up the best I could. The blue buggy needed a bit of patching with the ol' reliable duct tape. But it will be a fine surprise for Miss Willa this afternoon. 





That is my brother pushing the doll buggy at my birthday party when I turned 5. The buggy lasted through my three younger brothers and seven or eight grandchildren (nieces and nephews) before it was retired to a more safe environment. Kari used to put the baby kitties in the doll buggy and push them around on the farm. She preferred animals, real and stuffed, to dolls. Remember Kari? 

Today, it will come out of retirement for another little girl. It is such a joy to share my toys with my grand daughter. And I do mean MY toys! 

1 comment:

  1. WOW WOW WOW THE BLUE BABY BUGGY. What a story Coleen, I love it. Imagine your Mom keeping the carriage all these years. I am impressed. You must have been beside yourself waiting for Miss Willa to arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!