Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Working (Not Completed) Kitchen

The new flat front dishwasher was installed Friday morning.  The temporary sink and faucet are in and working.  I guess that means it is time to move the temp kitchen out of the basement laundry room. After four weeks, it will be nice to have the laundry room back for its intended purpose.

Making dinner Friday evening required careful planning and about 5 trips up and down the steps. It was prepared in the reno kitchen and eaten at the new table/counter. A step in the right direction.


The surface of the washing machine and dryer were used to house
dishes before & after washing.

The freezer surface was the prep area.


The crafting table was the cupboard.

All is slowly being moved back upstairs.


The first load of dishes in the dishwasher took 3 hours to run through
the cycles I had selected. I began to talk about a different dishwasher.
Then I read the instructions. 
1) First load will take longer.
2) I had selected most of the longest options.
3) I am giving it a second chance.


Now to figure out where to put the dishes I so rarely use,
but am not ready to part with...now that they are clean!


Stay tuned as the saga continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!