Friday, September 27, 2013

Tree Hugger?

Those of you who know us, know that we are a bit fanatical, obsessed? possessed? about geocaching right now. I don't think this obsession will last, but for now it is a 'sport' we enjoy doing together. I try not to bore you with too many of our geocaching adventures, but quite honestly, it is about the ONLY adventures we have had this summer. 

Well, we had another of those adventures on Tuesday. The cache was titled Inner Kid. We knew what to expect; there was enough information in the description. But whether or not we would attempt the cache was up in the air...literally.


I gave him a 'leg up' and up he went.


The tree was perfect.
Lots of foot rests & holds and 
branches for pulling and supporting.


THERE it is!
A green tube hanging from the limb.


Nope! Can't reach it.


OK. Got to get to the next limb.


Feet resting on a dead limb.
Body supported on another dead branch.
YIKES!


AHHA!
Got it!


I did it!


Now get DOWN you foolish, foolish man!
(He did. Safely.)





1 comment:

  1. The things we seniors do for fun! Paul and I did some geo-cache-ing for awhile, but...I quickly lost interest when I learned there was NO TREASURE in the Cache. What's up with that? All that work to find it, and nothing but a few little trinkets and a tiny notebook to sign your name? I wanted gold coins - CHOCHOLATE COINS - Even!
    However, I must tell you, that this picture of Curt climbing that tree should give hope and encouragement to all Heart Patients! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!