Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chihuly Glass at the Botanical Garden

Chihuly Glass was last displayed at the Desert Botanical Garden in Scottsdale in 2008-2009. I saw the exhibit in December, 2008. It was awesome and amazing then and just as much so on my visit last week. Friend Nancy and I toured the gardens and artwork while the hubbys geocached. Everyone was happy! Most of what we saw were new pieces. 

There was so much to see and weeding through 190+ photos late at night is a daunting task. For this post, I am going to focus on his white and black & white pieces. I will post more, but later.


This display was my favorite.
(Not the sign, but the glass objects.)


Th stark, bright white blown bulbs were displayed
amongst saguaro ribs, brown and dead.
I am not sure if it was the white against the brown 
or the whimsical display that made it my favorite.


Some of them are more bird-like, standing tall with
their beaks in the air.


Others are fat creatures lying on the ground.


Gentle and flowing


Self-Explanatory


The reeds




The texture of the these particular reeds was very
interesting...ribbed like the saguaros in the display.


Rather than the glasswork being stark,
this time the landscape and surroundings
appear to be sparse, plain, and uncluttered.


The Fiori
I would describe these pieces as playful.





Graceful.


Amazing.


Nancy and I playing around at the end of the afternoon.


A beautiful setting for a Desert Botanical Garden.

Colored pieces will appear the next time.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!