Monday, December 30, 2013

Sonoran Boat

My friend Nancy posted her pictures from our visit to the Desert Botanical Garden. When I read her post, I realized there was an important piece of Chihuly glass art I did NOT share or write about in my previous two posts. So bear with me, here is another Chihuly glass display from our visit earlier in December.


The Sonoran Boat was created just for the Desert Botanical Garden.



As we wandered along the path, sitting on the pond  was
the boat filled with glass.
The reflection in the water was stunning.



The shapes and colors were intriguing.












And floating next to the boat...Chihuly icebergs.



OK. Not icebergs, but Blue Crystals.
Also created just for the DBG 2013 display.




The crystals seemed to float in the water, moving slightly.
They must have been anchored as they did not move far.



The afternoon sunlight did give them the appearance of icebergs.
Amazing what Chihuly can do with glass.



This was the boat display from the 2008 exhibit:

The boat was NOT in water, but it was filled with
differing sizes and colors of glass balls. Also beautiful.


I did not know he had some work displayed in Omaha.
It is worth seeing if you are in the area.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!