Tuesday, December 10, 2013

More Chihuly at the DBG

This post will feature the blues and violets of the Chihuly Glass Exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden.


This feature is the first inside the DBG entrance.
It is a stunning piece. 
This photo was taken about 1:30 PM.
I did not see the title of this piece of art.


Nor did I see the title for these, 
but all others were called Reeds.


His glasswork is carefully placed throughout
the garden to give them the best light
and background colors.


I realized some of the pieces are actually 
three layers of blown glass...
white, dark purple, and clear or maybe
a very light purple.


Color variances


I liked how the purple reeds were reflected
in this Niijima Float...
glass ball


These purple tubes were part of another display.


The chandelier has been around a few years.
I thought it was displayed at the last exhibit,
but I could not find a photo of it, but it
seemed familiar.


There were two chandeliers.
One was suspended from the ceiling.
The four steel cables allowed it to move in the breeze.
The other was stationary and attached
on the floor/ground.











I seemed to focus on the blue and purple spheres
for my photos.


No title for this piece either.
It was also at the entrance of the DBG.


I took this photo at about 4:00 as we were leaving.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!