Saturday, January 25, 2014

Christmas in January

Our visit to SD included a family Christmas. It was made extra special because all seven of us were together. Very nice of Mother Nature and Old Man Winter to cooperate allowing three of us to travel. 

I buy the Christmas presents in September and October and wrap them before we leave for the winter. The packages are stored in the guest bedroom at our son's house until we arrive in January for our family Christmas. I am not sure how many more years I will be able to use that storage system as the G'Kids get older. I also pack clothes and necessities for our stay at their home. It is hard some years to be thinking long sleeves and sweaters when the temps are nowhere near 'winter' temps in October when I pack for January. But it always works out. This system allows us to travel without luggage on the airplane.



Mcbe getting some animals that ROAR.
He likes to ROAR.



Miss W showing off one of her new shirts.



Mcbe tearing the paper on one of his packages.



Yes, I did. Musical instruments.
Enough for everyone.



Auntie also gave a couple instruments.



We all did some shaking and tapping.



Champagne Chicken and Kale Quinoa Pomegranate 
Salad, our Saturday dinner. Delicious.
A+ for presentation.



Mcbe modeling some of his new duds.



I asked the two of them to sit on their large dog pillow for a photo.
This was the best I got.



G'Pa getting his fix before we leave.



Even the dog was sad to see us leave.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!