Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Final Desert Botanical Garden Post

The final post from the Desert Botanical Garden has nothing to do with the Chihuly Glass that is featured this winter and spring. Instead, it is what you would expect to find at a desert botanical garden...desert plants. My photos are of the cacti that caught my eye and the lens of the camera.





The trunk of this cactus is much different than that of the saguaro.



You can see the remains of its flower on the fruit of this cactus.



I liked the name of this cactus, but it wasn't as interesting 
as the next photo.



I do not know the name of this cacti type,  but it
reminds me of brain matter, or a pile of worms.



This little flower stands out among all the sage green.



I don't know if the saguaro is purposely 'mothering' a
pin cushion, but it is highly unusual, whatever the reason-
manmade or nature.



Nancy gave me some tips on taking photos.
I like the pollen tips on this fairy duster.



The fruit of the prickly pear, used to make jelly, ice cream, 
flavored honey, sauces, etc.



Loved the sun shining through the Y of the saguaro.



Gambel's quail wandering about the garden.



Toothpick Cactus native to Argentina



The fruit of the barrel cactus



There was no name tag for this cactus,
but it was unusual and caught my eye.


I think this is the final post from the Desert Botanical Garden,
but you never know...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!