Thursday, December 17, 2015

Elsa's Wardrobe

This is the second part of the doll clothes project for Miss W's Christmas present. She enjoys disrobing the life-size doll she got for her birthday; the same doll who had hip replacement earlier this fall. Check this post: Elsa Has Hip Replacement Surgery.

As I was looking and thinking about what to do about clothes for Elsa, and learning there are no patterns for said doll in our town, in Walmart, I purchased some things thinking they might work after learning Elsa's one change of clothing was a size 4 T dress.


The last time we saw Elsa, I traced her outline so I'd have her length from neck to waist and waist to ankles. I had to call our FDIL to get a waist size...13 inches. Didn't women who wore laced corsets have a waist of 14 inches????? OMG!


These are some of the things I had to work with for Elsa. The blue jean jumper is still a work in progress. The skirt on the right didn't make the cut.


an Elsa dress for Elsa


a sparkly dress


the size 4T leggings needed a waist adjustment
needed 4T for the length


adjusted!


found an old scarf that makes a cute poncho


one of our flower girls gave me the dress she 
wore for our wedding 45 years ago
I think it will make a great dress for Elsa


Some Barbie Clothes Update...

the pair of pink ruffled socks made...
a skirt, sleeveless top & dress


and a ruffled dress with a ruffled train


the long shimmering knee-high socks...
a long dress, a top & slacks


This weekend is our family Christmas. I will post a follow-up to the doll clothes. I hope she is half as excited as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!