Monday, August 22, 2016

My Flowers

I have posted very few photos of my flowers this summer because
1) there haven't been many flowers
2) I haven't been home a lot
3) there haven't been many blooms when I have been home
4) it has been HOT and DRY
5) I haven't been home to provide much TLC
6) I moved many of them in May...and probably shouldn't have
7) and did I mention, I haven't been home a lot????

The perennial flower beds are holding their own. A small rabbit is slowly, but surely nibbling away on several of the lilies that looked so very good in early June. (The few I did see!) The heat killed the Icelandic Poppies, again. I will try again next spring, but plant them in a different location. I also tried some Oriental Poppies, but I am not certain the 3 plants will make it to next spring. Of well. The flower gardens are an ongoing project.

What has finally made a splash of color are the Gerbera Daisies I planted in pots. I carefully searched greenhouses for complimentary colors and planted accordingly.



the bright pink appeared this weekend


the medium pink color appeared mid-week
there is a paler pink somewhere in the planter
just not blooming NOW
(it was when I planted it; see Still More Flowers in May)



finally, all three colors in the yellow/orange family planter


blooms from earlier in the week
the left one is actually cream color, not white


I bought a vining plant in May


love the little yellow flowers with their dark centers
no name other than vine plant
it has gone crazy this summer, despite very little TLC


The Martha Washington Geraniums are alive, but have not done very well. Everything else in the pots have taken over.  I had such high hopes and expectations back in May Still More Flowers and in early June B-Day post.  There is always next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!