Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The Between Flowers

There is a lull in blooming flowers after the tulips and iris have 'done their thing' in the perennial flower bed. I have been on the hunt for something that blooms between the early May and later June flowers. Of course I did all this planning and planting BEFORE we decided to move.


planted a couple Columbine


the milkweed came back
I didn't know it was a spreader


the bees have loved it
 had to double cage the tall plant and
contained it with twine


day lilies bloom early


I added some metal art to the garden walls
had bought one kind 4 years ago
bought another kind this spring
I like the additional color


my other cool garden addition is a solar fountain in the bird bath
the bird bath needs a little leveling adjustment
I really like the water feature addition


have only 1 potted plant this summer
won the gerbera at a meeting
so full of blooms right now


I will miss my flower gardens



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!