Friday, July 27, 2018

Relief & Reminiscing

It was a relief to receive this letter in the mail.


Certainly takes away the stress of maybe being called for jury duty while we are trying to get the house packed. Also nice to know I won't be making the 100 mile drive for rest of the year to fulfill my civic duty.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

As I was tossing and sorting, I found the file box holding some, not all, of the workshops I presented during my 34 years of teaching. I think the first workshop was in 1976 or 77. In another pile of saved goodies, were a number of notes from teachers thanking me for coming to their classrooms and doing mini-lessons with students, modeling the process for their teachers.


Also found the roster for some of the college courses I taught through two universities/colleges. It was a great career. Fun to reminisce, but sure don't miss it. The paper was recycled.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


Then there are the things that just don't fit the Do I Need It? Will I Use It? Do I Love It? category. 


I certainly didn't remember this item until I opened the box. More interesting was the mailing label. I did not realize zip codes have been around since the very late 1960s. Also this item was delivered from Oneida with only a town as an address! 


This had to be something I "ordered" after I was engaged because it has a monogrammed E on the handle of the spoon. 

I was into refunding back in those days. Anybody know what that was? I saved labels from specific products and submitted them to the companies for cash, coupons or free gifts. This is the only item that has been saved. I had Campbell's soup coffee mugs. I think I got Fisher-Price toys from Pampers. It was a fun hobby at the time. We would trade labels with family members and friends to help each other reach our goal. I think the Menard's rebate program is a direct result of refunding! Same concept.

This little jelly dish (????) will be moved to the new house. Maybe someday I will polish it, along with the set of silver from grandpa and grandma and the silver items from our 25th anniversary. Maybe. Someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!