Friday, August 9, 2019

The Hibiscus Watch

I was enjoying the hibiscus through the patio doors of the deck one day when I realized I could watch the flowers as they bloomed/opened. Usually I just notice the colorful big flowers that open for about a day and then pick the closed 'dead' flowers from the deck floor or the plant.

So one morning I chose to time lapse some photos. By the time I started the process, about 8:52 AM, there were about 12 flowers in various stages of blooming. I was not positive which were going to open more fully or which were on the downside of their bloom.

Here are my results of Hibiscus Watch:

8:52 AM


this is the one I followed for the day
9:14 AM
Will it open or is it closing???


the full bloom of a different flower
9:15 AM


9:52 AM
definitely closing


10:35 AM


2:42 PM


So now I want to catch a bloom as it open. That might mean I need to be on watch before 8:52 AM! This plant was one of the best deals for $9.99. I love the color and the joy it has brought to the deck this summer!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!