Wednesday, March 25, 2020

First Day of Spring

Since we were still in AZ on the first day of spring, March 19th, I grabbed the camera and went cougar hunting. The sky was perfect. Not a single cloud to interfere with the cougar sighting. I wasn't the only person looking for the cougar as the roads had many cars pulled off to the side, waiting and watching.

The first set of photos are from the location I used last year while waiting for the cougar to appear. Since I was in my spot waiting for about an hour, these are some of the things that grabbed my attention while waiting for the exact moment...

 
the green hillside of Superstition Mountain


two of these beauties kept me entertained


yep, the right place for cougar watching


and some flowers 


here it comes...


cougar sighting


I tried a black & white for contrast
not certain I like it
there's just something about the changing
colors of the mountain during sunset


No clear skies on Friday night but Saturday looked promising. I decided I would move about a half-mile closer to the mountainside. I got a later start but did find a rise along the road giving me and 5 other vehicles a good viewing spot.

a better look at the green, green hillside


hadn't had clouds all day and then just before the cougar
was to make its appearance...


...but the clouds didn't seem to hinder the cougars journey


just across the road, two saguaros framed the 
2020 spring cougar


the day was complete with a stunning sunset


I don't know if there is any difference in the two locations and the cougar sighting, but I think I like the second location a little better. (As we were driving back to the resort tonight during sunset time, I could see the cougar and shared it with Hubby, as he has not been along on any of my cougar hunting excursions.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!